Friday 2 October 2009

A little thing i like to call crazy...

So as of tomorrow I am officially starting my first ever Bikram 30 day challenge (round of applause please). Tomorrow will also only be my fifth bikram class ever, so I'm pretty sure that puts me into the crazy category-yikes!

For those of you that don't know, although you're reading this blog so im sure you do know, Bikram is a 90 minutes class consisting of 26 yoga postures performed in a room heated to 105 degrees. Basically it is yoga performed in a giant puddle of sweat and i love, love, LOVE it. Or at least I hope I do, or the 90 pounds i just forked out for the privilege of going each and every day for the next month is going to be a big fat waste. hmmm....

So the challenge is to go every day for 30 days. No skipping, no cheating and no lazy, fat days. I've kind of been psyching myself up for the past month trying to decide if I really can make this commitment right now, cause it is a lot to ask, but I've decided to just bite the bullet and do it; what's the worst that can happen right? So as of tomorrow I officially have no social life, no love life, pretty much no life whatsoever just a whole lot of sweat and tears (hopefully in that order as i have a feeling crying in a lesson would probably be pretty embarrassing). That said i am majorly excited about this because i know this is exactly what i need right now. I've been neglecting myself lately and what i really need is some me time, and staring into a mirror for 90 minutes whilst sweating your butt off defiantly counts as me time. HA

So wish me luck.....!! More tomorrow after session numero uno...

No comments:

Post a Comment