Sunday 4 October 2009

Day 2...And she's back in the game!!

Today i had a really good class. The type of class where you think you could carry on for another couple of hours. I'm not sure if it was because I went in the morning so my energy levels were high, or because i went in there in telling myself it was going to be good, i don't know. The vibe in the room just felt so good today that we all really pushed ourselves to our limits. I know a lot of people say Bikram is a solo practice; you get yourself into the pose, you clear your mind, you stare ahead at your reflection and you block everything else out. But i think it's so important to be a room where everyone is strong and positive because it makes you more determined. As soon as i see someone sit out of a pose it makes me think 'oh well if they're having a little break, then I'm gonna too'. Not a good mind set to have, but then again i'm only a beginner so i need to break some of my bad habits!
Anyway it's late and i'm pooped so i'm off to bedfordshire. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Congrats on your decision to do a 30 day challenge. AND you are a "newbie"! I love it! We have a woman at our studio, who's in her 50's. She started Bikram yoga and just kept going. She's on day 500 and something. So you don't quite qualify for bat shit crazy just yet. Can't wait to read about your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for the comment! Can't believe someone could do Bikram for 500 days straight, 5 days seems scary right now and i'm a baby in comparison to 50-eek! Love reading everyone's Bikram blogs, they are so inspiring! Well done on just completing your 60 day challenge, although i'm sure you are a pro now! I really hope i manage to stick it out as i already feel so much better within my self.

    ReplyDelete