Saturday 3 October 2009

1 down....29 to go.

Today was the first in a long line (30 to be precise) of Bikram classes. And it sucked. Big time. For starters i hadn't eaten nearly enough, just 2 pieces of toast and a bowl of soup, and considering i went to a 5 o clock class that is BAD! I also went in there doubting myself. Error and a half! Within minutes i knew it was going to be a bad session. Half moon nearly killed me and by awkward pose my whole body was on fire. It literally felt like i was burning from the inside out. But i refused to be overcome, it's just mind over matter right? So i stuck it out for about 30 minutes then I sat down. And it was good. So good that i pretty much stayed down there for the rest of the standing poses. That said, i threw myself into the floor poses with as much vigour as i could muster so i did redeem myself slightly.

So i'm now lying in bed pretty pissed with myself. I know everyone has up days and down days but surely your first few days should sail by? Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I'm going to go to an earlier class to see if that makes a difference to my mindset. Fingers crossed or it's going to be a very slow and painful month...!

No comments:

Post a Comment