Tuesday 6 October 2009

Day 3 + 4

Was far too tired to blog when i got home last night as i managed to do my first ever double (yipeee!). It was a spur of the moment thing, i hadn't actually planned on doing any doubles during this challenge cause i though it might be too much, but boy was it gooooood!
The first class was a bit weird (partly why i chose to do the next class) as there was literally nobody there. The studio where i go just re-arranged it's timetable so people obviously didn't know about the class. It ended up being me, the teacher and 3 other people! Not really bikram at all, more like a pose correction lesson, but it ended up being really helpful. She finally managed to help me lock my knee and leg (i was apparently bending it?! it's funny what you don't see when you think you finally have a pose semi ok) and just really improved my general posture during the standing series. Anyway, after all the useful tips she gave me i decided to just dive right into the next class, which was thankfully packed, and try and use all my new techniques. I was a bit worried i would be zonked and spend most of the time on the mat, but a coconut water sorted that out, and i actually felt really strong throughout all the poses, even half moon which i hate/am terrified of!

Now on to today, which wasn't so good. Firstly the room wasn't quite hot enough and i could feel a slight draft (or is it draught? apparently i can't spell today) during the floor series. It's funny as when i started practicing Bikram a couple of months ago all i wanted was a slight bit of air to come in the room. I used to live for the moment when the teacher opened the door for a few seconds half way through the class. Now i actually enjoy the heat as it really helps me open up my hips up and push a little deeper in the poses. Another reason class was not so good today, and I feel bad for saying this, was the teacher. I just didn't feel any energy off and her dialogue was really slooooooooow. This meant that i didn't push myself as hard as i should have and i hesitated between coming in and out of poses. I know at the end of the day it's my decision how hard i push into a pose but it's much easier when you have some one who really makes you want to push that extra millimeter, even when your whole body feels like it might snap in half!

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day (and a new star for my progress chart, yay!). Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment